Saturday

January 3


This picture got me in a LOT of trouble. Maybe it foreshadows that taking a picture a day for a year is going to be a bigger burden than I thought it was going to be. Then again, I knew this was going to be a burden and I still subconsciously know that I am not dedicated enough for it. Anyways, the reason this picture got me in trouble was because I took it in the bead store and the lady who worked behind the counter got really mad and offended (I secretly think the real reason she was mad at us was because we walked in without saying hi). But before she showed that she was mad and offended she was like hiiii? while I took the picture and I told her it was just the picture of the day. And I was trying to think of why it would be a really offending gesture and all I could come up with was that she thought I wanted to sell the picture that was of her beads so I told her I promised I wouldn't sell it. And she did that sarcastic OKAAYYYYY thing and then she bitched-out my mom for bringing in beads from another place and she added that it was rude that "your daughters" just waltzed in here and "started taking pictures of everything." Jeez Lady, it's the picture of the day. And it's not even that good of a picture so it was definitely not worth it. Because my mom loves going to that bead store but now she can't ever go anymore because she doesn't tolerate people who are rude to her. She and the lady had a "confrontation" but Emily and I waited outside because we felt awkward, and then my mom came out of the door saying "I don't think so." She was saying it in a sweetly condescending way: more sweet than condescending but condescending all the same. I think there is a good tone word for what I am describing here. 

I only have one more day of vacation left! I can't believe I haven't been to school in twenty four days. I have a feeling it's going to be very hard to adjust back. I feel bad about the song of the day today because it's "Song for the Dumped" by Ben Folds Five, which is two tracks after the song of the day yesterday on Whatever and Ever Amen. At least it's not the same song. I think I'm going to implicate the rule that the song of the day can't be the same song two days in a row. The second day will just have to have no song, and that's okay, because sometimes you just have so many things in your head that there's no room for a song.

1 comment:

DaveB said...

It was worth it though...... Its a nice picture! I have a couple pictures where people got REALLY offended...