Tuesday

January 20

Today Barack Obama was inaugurated and my dad wore a "1.20.09." pin on the middle of his sweater. Also I skipped school. This is a picture of Brenna wearing her Obama shirt and holding up an Obama cupcake she made. Brenna's dogs make really weird singing-noises when people coming over. They are very surreal noises, I'm not kidding you. From what I understand, a lot of people skipped school today, which I thought was pretty exciting (righteous indignation!). I practiced my flute and watched this really dumb TV show, and then I decided to put up a picture of the day even though it's only four because I'm not gonna get a better one today. In honor of the occasion, my mom set out three bowls on the living room table: each respectively filled with red m&m's, blueberries, and pistachios (red white and blue (kind of)). 

I'm home alone and "Summer in the City" by Regina Spektor is the song of the day because I am practicing singing it. I wish I had a great singing voice. One time I sang in front of people on a beach in the dark. Tonight I have a flute lesson which means I get to drive around and listen to music and go to Barnes and Noble! Hooray! 

New President.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A well-informed mind is the best security against the contagion of folly and of vice. The vacant mind is ever on the watch for relief, and ready to plunge into error, to escape from the languor of idleness.