Tuesday

January 13


This is the first picture of Stella on this blog, which means I didn't take a photo of Stella for... thirteen days?!? What the hell! What this picture doesn't capture is that after it was taken, Stella ate the end of that green stem. Weird. 

Today was kind of awful for a while. I fought with three different people. Random people. Like Ms. Jensen. And whenever I fight with my mom, it feels so much worse than it actually is: like it won't ever be better. In reality, it's usually better by the following afternoon. This time is no exception. She gave me twenty dollars to go to Staples after flute and buy bubble envelopes for sending my arts supplement and recording to colleges. It took me a really long time to decide between different brands, colors, sizes, and quantities of bubble envelopes. I don't know why it had to be so complicated. Then I went to the grocery store and bought gel and gum. I never buy gum for myself. When I got home she asked me for the change. I told her there was only three dollars change, but she still wanted it. One of the dollars I gave her was mine but I didn't tell her I bought the gum so I gave it to her. I've had that dollar in my wallet for months, just to have it there. Now there is no money in my wallet. For some reason, taking that dollar out was physically painful.

Tomorrow I will go to the first Central District rehearsal. I've never been to one but I feel like I know exactly what to expect. I will be bored and uncomfortable. And I will notice the shoes of everyone around me, and then judge them based on their shoes. I won't be able to help it.

Oh yeah, I don't know what the song of the day is. Any suggestions?

No comments: