Thursday

January 22


Winter is dead. The song of the day today is "Green Gloves" by the National because this morning  I was looking for my left glove and I said "where is my green glove" and then the song was stuck in my head all day. I'm glad it's sunny. In anatomy I asked how lab students kill the frogs they have to examine and learned that there are three ways but the only one worth mentioning is the third. It's called "pithing" and it's when you stick a needle into the vertebral column and up into the brain and swish it around in there until the frog is dead. Learning this information made me sick with pity but then Abby said "Imagine looking in its eyes while you're doing that" and in some twisted, horrific, morbid way it was very funny and I laughed for quite a while. 

At lunch, Jen bought Twizzlers and gave me half of them.

I feel weird writing in this in the middle of the day, because so much could happen later. Last night I had an incredibly vivid dream during which I was standing alone in a public bathroom screaming profanity at the top of my lungs. I remember exactly what I was screaming, and if you ask me I'll tell you. Also sometime in the middle of the night Emily yelled "AH!" from down the hall while she was sleeping. I haven't told her this  yet, but maybe she already knows. I can't wait for my three-day week to be over. 

No comments: