Saturday

March 28


Today I took a lot of good pictures on film and left my digital camera at home, and as a result, this lackluster gem is picture of the day. It looks like it should be part of one of those kids books that show pictures of items really close up and you have to guess what they are. I went to my sister's dance show at Clark tonight. Jen, Ballet Arts Worcester's director, gave me a gift certificate for the photography store on Park Ave because I took the company head shots for the programs. I wasn't expecting her to give me anything, and that was just fine, but now I am really excited to go to L.B. Wheaton. I think I might buy some film for my Diana. Also some woman approached me saying she would completely reimburse me if I sent her the head shot of her daughter. I explained to her that it cost me virtually nothing. Save for the price of gas, which my mother paid for, so forget that. So that was the first taste of my life as a photographer (nonexistent). Tomorrow they dance again, and I am more excited for that show because the dancers choreographed the pieces themselves, and one of the dances is to a Wilco song. I'll probably try to arrange for picture of the day to be something dance-related. Watching ballet makes me feel really creative. I need to fit more art into my life. If I can take at least one picture a day for a year, I can spend a couple days every once in a while making art. Also today I decided (to myself) where I want to go to college. I don't know if it's possible, because of financial issues, but I feel like this is most definitely something to which to devote a lot of willpower.

The song of the day is "Lazy Eye" by the Silversun Pickups, because I listened to it maybe five times today. It reminds me of the summer of 2007, which was probably my best summer.

No comments: