Friday

August 21

Tomorrow is Liz's last day home. It's hard, impossible in fact, for me to accept that I only have one more day with my best friend before we separate for who knows how long. It would be easier if I was leaving too, but I still have what feels like so much time here. And I don't really know what to do with it other than devote time and energy on mental scenarios of what college will be like. I'm getting sick of all this waiting and guessing. I just want to know what it's really going to be like. 

Farmland wasn't so bad today because I fed the park with Anna Chase and it sucked up three of the hardest hours of the day. It's amazing how fast time goes by when you're talking to another farmer, granted they're not stupid and when they talk to you they look at you instead of past you with their eyes glazed over. I like Anna. I gave a pony ride to a five year old boy named Max. Max was pretty average looking except for circular glasses that magnified his eyeballs to look approximately 1.5 times their size. So Max wasn't really that average looking, actually. As our pony ride commenced I begun firing my run-of-the-mill questions;

What's your name?
Max.
How old are you Max?
My bathing suit has two ties.
That's awesome. What does it look like?
It's green. And with black stripes and white stripes. 
Oh, cool. Is green your favorite color?
No, every color is my favorite.
The whole rainbow?
Yeah. Except not pink.
Why not pink?
It's too pinky.

At that moment in time I realized it would have been so satisfying if I had made hearing the word "pinky" my goal of that day. Today there was a tornado watch and I couldn't find my iPod so there is no song of the day unless you count what I listened to on the radio, which was Alanis Morissette.

1 comment:

kathryn. said...

<3 love alanis

also, "immonest" is the word i have to type in to prove i'm not a robot.

(added: now "vebults" because i must have spelled the other one wrong)