Sunday

August 16


Today when I came home after spending ten hours at Farmland and forty minutes driving, I ran a cold shower and sat down on the floor of the tub under the water and stayed there until I stopped feeling insufferably hot. What a long day. I tried to fit as many chicks as I could in one hand and show them to little kids and tell them it was one chick with multiple heads. I learned a cool fact about chicks. If you turn them over on their backs they instantly fall asleep. I don't understand this at all but I tried it all day. Also my throat hurts.

The song of the day is "By Torpedo or Crohn's" by Why?. My iPod tape adapter is in Steve's grandfather's car so when I drove home today I had the option of listening to the Fray on the radio or nothing. So I listened to nothing and rolled the windows down and the breeze did relative wonders for my aching head. I think between the hours of six and eight on hot summer nights are my favorite hours of any time of year. Everything is so colorful and beautiful. I wanted so badly to document how great the world felt for a couple minutes tonight, driving through fields in Princeton and Sterling. But I knew photography wouldn't do it justice, unless somebody invented a kind of photography that captured temperature and smells. I don't want to go back to that place ever again. But I'm going to.

Only evil live to see their own likeness in stone
(my brother said that)

2 comments:

jennifer said...

everyone i know who has worked at the farm has done something different with their name tages, leah's are on her mirror in her room, mine are on the door post in my room, katie houck's are on the dashboard of her car..nicks are somewhere

Unknown said...

I like riding my bike during the 6-8 time slot. The fields in Princeton and Sterling are majestic then.