Thursday

May 7


This picture reminds me of a joke Oleg told me in rehearsal today. This is it:
Joke: What did the ghost say to the bee?
Punch-line: Boo! (bee)
I enjoyed it at the time but now I'm having second thoughts. Today was weird; I feel like I had a long school day but I didn't go to any part of school. First we had the AP Lit test and I'm feeling pretty confident about it. I was struggling to stay awake during the multiple choice section, so that kind of worries me. My brain was shutting down. Then Liz gave me fruit snacks and I was fine for the essays. I never write for two hours nonstop outside of AP tests. It's crazy to write that much. After we went out to lunch Liz and I went to the playground behind the library to swing even though I can't swing too high because it makes me nauseous. And we made friends with a Mexican guy with a three year old kid. He was twenty and he worked at Playa del Carmen. When his son kept yelling things in Spanish and laughing really hard, he translated most of the phrases as being along the lines of "go fuck yourself." After he translated I really wished he didn't, because what started out as cute and charming became something sad and ominous. On our way back to school, so Liz could go to a violin lesson and I could go to pit rehearsal, we saw all the cafeteria ladies sitting on the hood of a parked car and smoking. Some of them were still wearing those trademark visors. It was surreal.

I took this picture when I walked home after 5:30 when no one came to pick me up. Bryan Diehl yelled at me from a car and then it started raining. When I got home I ate peanut butter and jelly and wrote a paper on the menstrual cycle for anatomy. Then I went to rehearsal number two of the day. I've been playing my flute so much lately. Unfortunately, it's mostly tunes from Bye Bye Birdie. Speaking of which, "One Boy" is in my head and it's getting annoying. I'm really glad to be finished with that test. The song of the day is "Farewell to the Pressure Kids" by BSS presents Kevin Drew. This weekend will be the busiest I've had in a long time. I decided I don't like being this busy in the last weeks of high school cause it's going by so fast and I'm afraid I'll miss something. Tomorrow I'm going in for study first because I have to learn how to label the parts of a pig's brain. Oh what a sadist I've become.

No comments: