Friday

April 3


This is Hell, I mean the pellet stove. Today I went to a silly Umass accepted students day. I hated everything about it for a while, especially when both welcome speakers devoted at least thirty seconds to talking about which sports teams people were fans of, and then saying "fine institution" more than three times per minute. Do they really believe that? Also, what the hell does "community" mean. And how many times can you cram the phrase "declare your intellectual independence" into a five minute promotional video and still have it retain some of its integrity. Overall, I'm sick of being recruited. There were some good parts of my day though. Basically any point where I wasn't listening to meaningless, cliche phrases that any college can hone, I was getting a relatively decent impression. There was one moment where I felt very strongly that I wanted to go to Umass. But then it disappeared. Hopefully it will come back at some point because I have a feeling I'll be needing it.

I just watched Thumbsucker and it was good. 

2 comments:

DaveB said...

This doesn't look a thing like Hell... Hell has a white tiled floor and a bunch of plastic seats fitting neatly under desks with 13-year-olds running all over the place asking questions that are hormonal and meaningless... :(

Phoebe Glick said...

I'm sorry Mr. Bronson :(