Thursday

April 16


I like this picture, even though its quality is moderately to severely disfigured by the plexiglass window that stood as a barrier between this view and my camera. Also, it perfectly embodies the Postal Service line, "I watch the patchwork farms' slow fade into the ocean's arms." Because the light blue is the ocean. The dark blue is the sky. You can't really make out the difference though, and that is beautiful. Some parts of plane travel are okay.

I love David Sedaris. He is so funny. Right now I am in Miami and this is the first time I've blogged from not-my-computer. My opinion of Florida is mostly negative, but this part is really nice. I just went outside to get my usb cable from the car and it is probably about 75 degrees and breezy; all the light from the street lanterns bounces off the wide elephant ear leaves and as a result, the otherwise dark street is illuminated in this weird leafy green glow. It is wonderful. I want to sleep outside on the bricks. When I was a kid I used to pretend this (my grandparents house) was my house. Once I wanted to prove how well I knew it so I walked around with my eyes closed and walked into a pillar that's in the foyer and my forehead swelled up in an egg. Then I was afraid to tell my mom why I ran into the pillar because it was embarrassing, and all my fault. Tomorrow I have to do this awful thing called put on a bathing suit and go out in public. I shudder at the thought.

No comments: