Wednesday

June 24


It's been Emily's birthday for 51 minutes, and my mom says that if I don't go to bed within the next 9 minutes, she'll unplug the computer. Emily and I were counting down the minutes to her birthday but then Liz called at exactly 11:59 with a minor crisis and so one minute later, I had to engage in my phone call with Liz and simultaneously dance and make unusual, meaningless gestures, all while seated in a rolling chair, for the purpose of amusing the now "birthday girl." Tomorrow I am going to make a big deal out of this occasion.

Today was really fun because I swam for the first time [in New England] since last summer. It was cold out but still so refreshing to go swimming in the lake. At night we stood on the dock and looked at the water and a faint bluish light was shining behind the hills and it created a halo-like glow that spilled onto the black ice lake and I'm fairly sure it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. The song of the day is "You Remind me of Something" by Bonnie 'Prince' Billy.

I made it with 2 minutes to spare!

1 comment:

Stephen Cary said...

I thought for sure that the song would be "You Really Got a Hold On Me". You sang it beautifully.

Legitimate compliment!