Wednesday

June 10



I'm not sure, but I think I just went to the best concert of my life. Maybe it wasn't the best concert, but I definitely enjoyed it the most. I want to know Jenny Lewis on a personal level so bad it hurts. She played every song I wanted to hear tonight. When she started "Rise Up With Fists!!!" I got teary-eyed. During the lyric, But I still believe, and I will rise up with fists, everyone put their fists in the air. The show ended with Acid Tongue, which is supremely underrated, and her whole band acted as the choir. It was transcendent. Oh she is so beautiful too! I think I will pick "Acid Tongue" for the song of the day, even though it could easily be "Jack Killed Mom," "The Charging Sky," "Handle Me With Care," "Fernando," or "Silver Lining" (which she whipped out, surprisingly, with only an acoustic guitar, and I liked this version much more than Rilo Kiley's). 

Sadly, my camera died for some reason during the show. This irks me to no end; I've been looking forward to Jenny Lewis' face being photo of the day since I bought these tickets three months ago. Ugh. It really made me angry. It made me sad too, because I thought my camera had a real problem and that I wasn't going to be able to do photo of the day anymore. I don't think I would have this blog without the photo. So I was planning my blog for tonight, and it was going to say something like, "It deeply saddens me to say that My Year in Photos won't be around anymore." Luckily I don't have to do this, and my camera is working fine, which I guess is its way of spiting me. I guess it was kind of nice to go to the show without having to take pictures, because it would definitely have taken away from the experience. I would have spent a lot of time switching my backpack around to the front or worrying that I missed such a good shot of Jenny walking over here because I couldn't get this damn lens cap off fast enough. 

I hate stubbing my toe. Not only because of the pain, but because no one cares about the pain. No one will ever feel sorry for you because you stubbed your toe, even if you cry and slowly crumple down the wall and curl up around your toe and whimper. Usually when I stub my toe I feel the need to test this fact upon random passerby:

Passerby: Are you okay?
Me: Gah! No! (gasping) I stubbed my toe!
Passerby: (interjecting) oh
Me: Ahh! EE! OH god!
Passerby: (walking away)

And she will wake up wealthy
And you will wake up forty-five
And she will wake up with baby
There but for the grace of God go I

No comments: