Saturday

October 17

I don't have my memory card or my connector cable; I have my camera, but it's virtually useless without the other two objects. Point is, I can't take any pictures this weekend so I can't blog, that is until I realized I actually can blog without a picture. It's allowed. This is my first time blogging on my picture-of-the-day blog with no picture. I feel like a criminal. I'm home this weekend and it's really nice/ strange. Nice because it's extremely comfortable in every sense of the word. Strange because being here makes me miss the life associated with this place. I don't really feel its absense too strongly while at school. Today I went to the Worcester Panera to have lunch with Abi Wilson. It was good to talk to someone from home while at home, but also sad because Abi is sad. But being there reminded me of... I guess the whole previous year. I texted Lanny to tell him I was there and his response was "Homesick=]". I really liked that text. I wish I had some kind of text archive or text hall of fame so I could save this one. I guess I liked it because it really should have had a sad emoticon, since being homesick is generally sad, but he and I both knew that this kind of homesick is a sort of touching nostalgia in which yeah, you miss all the good, and you know you won't ever fully have it again, but the fact that it happened is enough that you'll never be sad it's gone. Do you know what I mean?

I also saw two movies this weekend. The first: Where the Wild Things Are, was more deserving than Rotten Tomatoes gave it credit for, I thought. It did a better job of capturing what it actually feels like to be a kid than any kids movie I've maybe ever seen. The second: Capitalism, a Love Story, released my inner anarchist. That's not really the effect Michael Moore wanted to unleash on me but I'm sure he'd be completely understanding. Tonight I felt like none of my friends existed because I knew I couldn't talk to any of them because they were all drunk. Which reminded me of listening to the National in junior year and wondering if I'd ever be "falling out of touch with all my/ friends are somewhere getting wasted." And somehow identifying with this line even though I was very much in touch with my friends and pretty much none of us had ever experienced getting wasted. The National would have understood Lanny's text message.

Sorry I disobeyed all the rules of my own blog. I'm going to try to blog every day this week. Really. I can't wait till the end of this year so I can have a new blog, mostly because I can make up titles.

You know what, I think I will put up a picture.

Falling out of touch with all my
friends are somewhere getting wasted
hope they're staying glued together,
I have arms for them

2 comments:

Kelsey Lee said...

you break dem rules gurl

ps. i am going to send you a present in the mail soon! :] miss you

Phoebe Glick said...

ahh i am sending you mail too!! :)